Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Little Miss Backpacker goes to the 18th Hot Air Balloon Festival | Part 1



"A Weekend of Everything That Flies: 18th Hot Air Balloon Festival"

To go or not to go? - that was the question. 

It was already 7 PM when I finally decided to go to the Hot Air Balloon Fest. I had a hard time deciding whether I'd go or not because of two reasons: 1st - I was still recovering from the oral surgery I had 3 days ago and 2nd - it had been raining for the past few days and I had worries that it might still rain last Saturday. But thanks to the weather forecast c/o my iphone, it said it's gonna be a Sunny Saturday... and luckily it was!

After I've finally made up my mind, I grabbed my backpack, camera, few extra clothes and moolah then I was set to go. I was already at the Lipa bus station by  8:30 and the bus going to Cubao left at exactly 9 PM. 

It was a solo trip and actually my first time to commute to Pampanga. I had no idea how to reach Clark by commute, thanks to google for all the info I needed to get there. I reached Cubao before 11 PM. It was too early to leave for Pampanga yet so I decided to stay at Chowking near Victory Liner for awhile and had my very late dinner there. At exactly 12 Midnight I went to Victory Liner to check if there was still a trip going to Dagupan. (You can take any North Bound Bus and ask the driver to drop you off at Dau Terminal in Pampanga.) Unfortunately, the last trip going to Dagupan had left already and the first trip in the morning was at 4:30 AM. There were only trips going to Baguio, but what do you expect? It's Panagbenga Festival as well so sad to say, all tickets were sold out already.


I looked for other options, and good thing another bus line was offering a 24-hour trips to Dau. Thanks to Pangasinan Solid North Transit. The bus left at exactly 1 AM. I was filled with excitement as I was sitting on the bus seat and I really didn't mind having a swollen face at all. Adventure it is! 

I was able to arrive safely at Dau Terminal around 2:30 AM. I stayed at Jollibee for awhile and saw some people who were also heading to the Hot Air Balloon Fest. I left Jollibee at 3:30 and took a trike going to the jeepney terminal. And from there, I took the jeepney that could drop me off the field where the fest was held. The driver didn't drop us at the entrance so I had no choice but to walk to the entrance. It wasn't that far though.

PART 2 of the Hot Air Balloon Festival HERE

Godbless! :)

- LMB xx

No comments:

Post a Comment