Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Little Miss Backpacker goes to the 18th Hot Air Balloon Festival | Part 2


It was almost 4 AM when I reached the entrance to the Hot Air Balloon Festival and there were already few people when I arrived. I patiently waited in line while I watched a lot of people arriving. The gate opened at exactly 5:30. 

To be honest, I was quite disappointed with the way they handled the entry of the people. It wasn't organized compared to last year. They first let the ones who already had tickets to get in and for us who didn't have tickets yet, we had to wait. There were no signs where ticket & non-holders should fall in line. I remembered one lady guard even said "Yong mga walang ticket, wag kayong magulo, nakakabala kayo." I found it really rude for her to say that considering that we've travelled so far just to get there early and besides, it wasn't our fault that they were not organized. *face palm*

Non-ticket holders started complaining here and there so the guards had no choice but to let us in already. *muahahaha* However, we still had to fall in line again to buy our tickets. So there, I bought mine and finally I was able to enter! Such a relief! It was a not-so long walk (for me) before I reach the event ground itself. 

A beautiful sunrise welcomed us that morning and I was so happy to be able to take a photo of it. It was a great feeling to see Mr. Sun again after few days of continuos rain. 


I was so happy to get up close with the hot air balloons as they were being set up. Here are some of the photos I took that morning:



What a big bouquet of Tulips! Imagine yourself receiving this on Valentines Day? HAHA!


Heating up the Balloon



And of course I wouldn't let this day pass without having a picture with balloons on my background. It's a must! However if you're travelling solo like me, you had to ask some stranger to take your photo. So a big big thank  you to the photographer who willingly took my photos. *hehe*







See SM got it all for you - even Hot Air Balloon! HAHA.





Flying bouquet of tulips, one of my favorite this year! 


One of the favorite photos I took that day, a mother and son moment. The cute little boy taking a photo of his mom. Very cute and sweet indeed. 



Why hello there Mr. Pilot. 



With the Event Director himself, Captain Joy Roa. (Please forgive my messy hair! I forgot to bring my hairbrush with me. Haha! )


This one was unexpected, but he made my day even more memorable. That's Gerald Anderson in awe while watching the Breitling Jet Team's aerobatic performance, one of the highlights of the event. Paparazzi Shot eh!


And of course I just had to! :)


It was indeed a day of everything that flies. I'm really grateful that Mr. Sun did show up that day. My solo travelling was worth it! I couldn't explain the different kind of happiness I feel whenever I get to see hot air balloons flying everywhere. It's that one time of the year that I always look forward to. It's actually my 3rd time here and it only gets better every year. But wait, my day didn't end here just yet. Read more of my Hot Air Balloon Festival Day HERE.

Godbless! :)
- LMB xx




No comments:

Post a Comment