Sunday, February 10, 2013

A Day at the Lake : Lumampao



After a very busy week, I rewarded myself with a half-day trip to Lumampao, Don Juan, Cuenca, Batangas. It's actually my second time to visit Lumampao. The first time was last July 2012. I fell in love with Lumampao the very first time I visited it and I promised myself that I'd be back.. and I did! *hooray!* 

Lumampao is a perfect place if you're looking for some tranquility and some leg workouts! FYI, you have to take 1500 steps before you reach Lumampao, so brace yourselves and legs! Haha. 

So yesterday,  I went on a "Photo-Hike/Picnic day" with some friends, Jessie, Kuya Dave, Igi and Nelson. (Yes! I'm always one of the boys!) We left Lipa around 7.30 AM and we're able to reach Cuenca before 8 AM. The jeepney fare from Lipa-Cuenca (& vice versa) is P24.00.

Since it's Kuya Dave, Igi & Nelson's first time to go to Lumampao, we decided to walk from the market to the drop-off point instead of taking the trike.

This is the view of Mt. Maculot that welcomed us as soon as we got off from the jeep.


So we kept on walking.. and walking.. and walking til we reach the sign Geronimo Cuevas Avenue.  


We turned left and passed by the Brgy. Hall. (Landmark if you're going to Lumampao and Mt. Maculot.)


Many mountaineers and backpackers from different places visit Cuenca to go climbing on Mt. Maculot and sidetrip down to Lumampao after. Good thing, there are stores where they can stopover for last minute-buys before their climb.




We walked straight, and stopped by the sign going to Mt. Maculot for a photo. NO, this is not the way to Lumampao.... 


....This is! Haha. 


PS. I brought my Longchamp Backpack with me because it's the smallest backpack I have and I don't think using my North Face Surge is such a good idea considering I only have a few things with me. Duh. It's only a half-day hike. Tee-hee! 



We continued to walk til we reach the drop-off point going down to Lumampao. Then the challenge started here. This was our view as we go down to the lake.


Lumampao is known for it's 1500 steps. As usual, I forgot to count because I was more focused on my steps. I didn't want to trip and hurt myself. Hehe!




And so after a few minutes of leg shaking... This was the view that welcomed us as soon as we touched down the lake. Whew!



I've always loved Lumampao not only for the serene ambiance and picture-worthy views but also of the fact that people here are very nice and welcoming. 

We laid down banig, sat down, rest and had our little picnic. 


After we have recharged, we played a little "Hike & Seek". Imbento ko lang yon! Chos! Haha. We were like children playing on the big block of rocks. Iris and friends on the rocks! Parang cocktail lang. Haha.



We were game for some challenge and climbing this was no joke at all especially for beginners like us. So feeling pro naman kami, sobrang saya na namin nong nakaakyat kami. Wooo! Cheers to our mountaineering career! Haha. We still wanted to climb the higher part but decided not to since we didn't have the climbing equipments plus it's too risky. Next time na lang, pag medyo pro na kami. Haha. 




This is Igi with his victorious pose! He was so happy! HAHA. Spot me.



And another victorius, mayabang pose, by Nelson! Partida, naka maong pa yan. Haha!



Nelson, me, Jessie and Igi on the rocks, again! Haha. I was actually holding a "patpat", looks like I was fishing haha. I don't know why but I always have patpat with me everytime I go on a hiking. I feel pro. Haha. 


It's 10:30 already, we decided to pack our things and started our climb again. But before that, pictures muna ulit. 




Very cheesy and so timing name of bangka, since it's almost Valentines Day! Faithful Love. Naks! Ganon dapat. Haha. Love is everywhere, literally.



So the painful journey starts here. 



Jessie was our "hiking leader" kuno (the one wearing red). Look how far he was already! Oh oh! Must. catch.up! He was singing chants to motivate us, but obviously.. it didn't work! Haha. 




Then our first stop over. Couldn't help but take photo of this. Haha. "Hindi na po uulit." I don't patronize vandalism but this one was really funny. Hindi lang pala kami yong napagod sa pag-akyat but unlike the peson who wrote this, we will surely go back. :)



Our tired feet! Arte lang # 1.



And another arte lang pic! Haha. Wala lang. 



So we continued to climb the cemented stairs.. This view makes the cramps and blisters worth it. I was literally hearing my heartbeat. Looking for cardio workouts? I recommend you challenge yourself to Lumampao! Haha. I salute the people who live down there in Lumampao. Grabe ang stamina and cardio nila, akyat-baba. 



Spot me! Haha. I was really tired by this time. I had to force myself to climb up. My motivation? Lunch that awaited us up there. Haha.


 

At long last! Define haggard! I survived 3000 steps up and down. I'm so proud of myself! Haha. Ang dami ko kasing naburn na calories! Hehe! :))


Another note that caught my eye, "I don't want to comeback anymore!!!. then add nyo ko." Haha. 


"Can't imagine nabaitang ko 3000 steps". To whomever who wrote this, I can feel you!  




We decided to take the trike back to the market because it's almost 11:30 already and we needed to be back at Lipa by 1 PM for our SFC Chapter Assembly. Well, pagod na din naman kami. I couldn't wait for lunch! 



We ate at one of the eateries in the market. I had rice, torta and barbeque, all for P50. No extra rice. Solve na. :)



After lunch, we headed back to Lipa and prepared for our chapter assembly. 

I can still feel pain on my legs as I wrote this blog but as I always say, the pain is worth it. 

5 Things I suggest you to bring when you visit Lumampao:
  1. Bottle of water ( I brought 1 liter with me.)
  2. Extra clothes if you're going to swim/ or if you'd like to change cause you'll be sweating a lot.
  3. Enthusiasm
  4. Great cardio
  5. Camera to take pictures of the beautiful views


Breakdown of expenses:

Jeepney Fare for Lipa to Cuenca          P24.00
vice versa                                         P24.00
Trike from Lumampao to Cuenca         P14.00/person
Market
Lunch (rice, torta, barbeque)              P55.00

Total:                                               P117.00



"Thank You Lord for my awesome friends and for the gift of nature."

How about you? 
How did you spend your weekend?

-LMB xx

1 comment:

  1. pede po ba mgtayo ng tent s my lawa? pra mgstay for 1 night?

    ReplyDelete