Wednesday, November 27, 2013

THE BRAVEST PERSON YOU KNOW: Part 2


One year is a short film inspired by cancer patients who are literally struggling and fighting for their lives.

In case you haven't seen the film I made for the 3rd blogging challenge of Wanderrgirl, here it is:


BRAVE from Iris Rivares on Vimeo.

"K" is a character of a 20 year old girl, who in spite of Cancer, shows courage and determination to live her life to the fullest. The film started with the "Big Day" scene. Why Big Day? Big day because that's the last day of her Chemotherapy. Yey! She's been fighting through Cancer for a year now, hence the title of the film. 

"K" might have lost a few hair strands, and her body might be full of bruises, but one thing that makes her brave is that she never lose hope and she never let Cancer take over her life. Even if she's uncertain as to whether she'll still be alive the next day, she still goes on with her life and makes every day of her life count. What I love most about her character is that she never lose faith in God. She trusts God fully and she surrenders everything to Him. She faces life with a smile, in spite of the pain she's enduring. And for me, that's BRAVERY. 

I did a little research about the lives of Cancer patients, through reading in the internet forum and watching Youtube videos. The more I get to know their stories, the more I admire these people. In fact, I even joined a Cancer Warrior group in Faceboook which is based here in Batangas. They posted a Christmas Wishlist for this year of the children cancer patients they are helping and I personally want to be one of their Santa's who would make their little wishes come true. 

God has provided me with so much and the best way I could ever repay Him is to give back to the people who are in great need than I do.

Lastly, I personally would like to thank Wanderrgirl for coming up with these challenges. Thank you for "pushing us" to think and to write about something that we love, because we didn't only get to write and express ourselves, but we also learn from the whole experience.

So Thank You, Wanderrgirl! :)

TO GOD BE THE GLORY!
- Iris

No comments:

Post a Comment