Friday, January 18, 2013

13 in Twenty Thirteen

As the year 2013 unfolds, I've come up with a list of the things I want to improve in my life. 

I have a long list but I'll only be sharing 13.

(Why 13? Because it's 2013! HAHA. Okay. I'm corny like that, you'll get used to it anyway!

****


1. Strengthen Prayer Life. I believe that in order to have a happy and meaningful life, one must establish a strong relationship with God. It's a no brainer, really. This year I want to be even closer to Him, yong tipong Sya na ang boyfriend ko. I don't really see Him but He has His own ways of revealing Himself to me, in ways I don't expect. And it's proven that when we put Him first, He takes care of the rest. I am making our relationship as the foundation of my life. Naks! Ang lalim! But seriously, when you have Him in your life, everything just falls into place and you stay guided. Don't you think it's about time to give back? :)




2. Live Simply. Be happy. Sometimes I tend to overthink and complicate things which only make the problem even worse. This year, I want to change that. I want to live simply.And how will I do this?
First, avoid the things that make me sad.
Second, embrace and stick to the things that make me happy.
And third, don't stress too much on problems. After all, they make our lives more interesting.


3. Spend more time with the people I love. People I love, by this I mean my family, friends and community. I've been preoccupied with a lot of stuff last year so this year I'm planning to make up for the lost time and I will. This means staying home more than going out, getting back to my choir (SCA) and being more active in service (SFC).



My "Witty Will Save The World 2013 Planner"
4. Be more organized and responsible. I tend to forget things easily. I'm starting to think that it's because I'm getting old already though I'm just 22. Haha. I need to be reminded once in awhile about my duties so this year, I am keeping a planner with me. I had planners before but was too lazy to write on them. I just bought myself a very "witty" planner that I'll be using from now on. Here it is. You may check out their FB page here to find out why this is a must-have for 2013. ;)


5. Have a Healthy Lifestyle. It's really hard to say No to your favorite fastfood especially when you're used to having Fries and Strawberry Sundae everyday. Define Gluttony. Guilty girl here. This year I'll do my best to eat REAL food more meaning more veggies and fruits. Stay away from vices, except my addiction on FB and Twitter, and Blogger, ofcourse! :)



6. Get back to old hobbies and develop new ones. I've been really busy last year with school stuff and never really had the time to do the things I love. This year, I'm going back to my old hobbies like sketching, painting and Muay Thai! I'm also planning to start new hobbies like baking and cooking (healthy food haha) maybe? HAHA. :))



7. Be productive and active. Stop procrastinating. I've wasted a lot of time procrastinating last year and I regret it, well not really. I cannot really turn back time so all I can do is make up for them and I'm doing that this year. I'm planning to keep myself busy with productive things like doing some DIY stuff, arts and crafts, read a book? Anything productive really. 



8. Spend wisely, practice practicality. I used to be an impulsive buyer. I used to buy things which I never really need/use then regret it later. Since I'm already 22 (and feeling ko naman mature na ako), it's really time to save for my future. Money isn't something that comes easily. So let's just stick to the essentials, shall we? :) 



9. Save More, Travel More. Need I say more? It's simple - more money means more fund for travel. I have a list already of where I want to go backpacking this year. I'll share them in another post. :)


10. Go out and explore. This calls for more backpacking trips. You'll never really know what's out there when you don't go there. This year, I'm making time to go backpacking. Most of my destinations for 2013 include local trips. A day of hiking or trekking, walking by the beach ahhh and the list goes on. I claim that 2013 will be a great Travel Year for me and I hope same for you! :)


11. Get out of my comfort zone. I'm not really much of a risk-taker kind of person. I tend to stay on the safe side and I want to change that. I want to try out new things this time and conquer my fears as well. 



12. Inspire others. I've always asked God to use me as an instrument to inspire others. And I hope that by blogging this would be possible. I hope that by reading my posts you will get inspired. HAHA. *fingers crossed*



Obviously, this is not me. Thinspiration only. :)
13. Get back in shape. I'm tired of hearing my family and friends say how much I've gained weight this past year and the sad part is that I'm guilty about that. I promised myself that this year, I will be more disciplined and I'll make time to workout or exercise. I'm not saying that I'm fat but I know I'm not healthy. I don't aim to be sexy. I just need to be fit and healthy. Today, I weigh 49kgs, let's see how much I'll lose in 3 months. Wish me luck! :)


So these are 13 of my general life plans for 2013. 

How about you? What aspect/s of your life do you want to change/improve?

Have a Blessed New year!

- LMB xx




No comments:

Post a Comment